INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN SERVICES
How to take the burden of developing learning materials off your shoulders in an affordable and popular way
We take instructional design services very seriously here, at Solver. Because in the modern organization, learning is king.
Companies know that employees with high knowledge and skills perform better and bring more results. So, more of them started to work with external instructional design partners. They saw it’s a reliable way of working in the L&D area.
What is instructional design?
Instructional design (ID) is the practice of designing, developing and delivering products and experiences that achieve an efficient, effective, appealing and engaging acquisition of knowledge for the learners.
In other words, we identify the skills, knowledge, and the attitude gaps of an audience. Then we create learning experiences that close this gap.
There are many instructional design models that we usually use, both classical and modern.
Our approach to instructional design services
Our way of working with partners is very interactive. In each project, clients are involved just as much as its needed but no time is wasted and things are moving fast.
The expertise we have enables us to design learning products from scratch or redesign ones that are already in use. For example, products we designed were:
- Solution labs
- Game based learning activities, etc.
The 6 step process we follow in ID services
Our instructional design services process is based on design thinking, which puts the learners at the heart of each step. Also, design thinking uses elements like empathy and experimentation to discover innovative solutions.
The 6 steps we follow in instructional design services are:
1. Empathizing – analysing requirements
First we gather all data available in order to create a product that solves a highly specific issue. We discuss with the decision makers and also with the people that will benefit from the instruction.
Questions to answer at this stage of the process:
- What are the objectives of the project? What is the timeline?
- Who are the beneficiaries? What are their profiles, roles, tasks?
- What are the things already in practice that fulfil a similar objective?
We make sure we have identified the right issues and estimate the impact of our solution. In this step, we analyse context, we observe extreme and mainstream users. Then we implement a method called “the 3 step synthesis”.
Questions to answer at this stage:
- Is the problem really the problem?
- How can we reach the objective in the most efficient and effective way?
Our design team comes up with both creative and suitable methods of delivery. Checklist we use for choosing the best method:
- Does it help solve the participants’ problem? Does it sustain the learning objectives?
- Is it fun, engaging and easy to understand?
- Does it constantly give participants something to do?
- Is it deployable with relative ease?
- Does it make the users want to engage with the content, the facilitator and the materials?
- Is it gender neutral, politically correct, non-offensive?
We create rough prototypes in order to quickly gather feedback and build the product iteratively.
What we ask ouselves at this stage:
- Is the concept: viable, feasible and desirable?
- Are experts on board with it?
- Are end-users satisfied with it? What do we need to improve?
- Are decision makers happy with it?
- How can we integrate the received feedback?
5. Final version
A high-quality final version of the product is created and tested along with all materials.
Questions to answer:
- Do we have all needed materials developed and designed?
- Is everything clear and does it cover all objectives?
The intellectual property rights are transferred to the client and implement it in their organisation. During this phase, we revise and evaluate in practice the product. Then, we improve on spot everything that is not on point as early specified.
To sum up, instructional design services are widely used and have proved to be an affordable and efficient way to have great learning products at your disposal.
Solver is a premium brand and everything we produce is of the highest possible quality. We have a great team of specialists and work close with our partners. Also, we trust the described instructional design services process, which allowed us so far to deliver great products.
To learn about how we design them, write to us and we’ll gladly share more.